Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A Precautionary Tale

I don't think I've ever been so honestly tired. In bed by nine and up by six. But the delight is working with the children. Carrying them around and having them respond to you. Now the nannies are even taking interest in us. Today they wanted to take pictures with us, but that's been happening all over China! We have been photography models for any Chinese that wants a picture. Feels great to be in Asia, and this district seems much more like it than Beijing. Yesterday during break we had a little trip to the South China Sea. It was pure nostalgia, but there was a camel and horses which I have not seen before on the South China Sea. That was different. The sound of the put-put boats reminded me of Malaysia. He is good to give us the desires of our heart.

This could be called a precautionary tale. Today we took the kids for shots. Each of us holding a babe. So twenty in a van. When they told us we would be helping take the kids for their shots they called it precautionary needles. A real adventure, with no seatbelt.

~Barb (Dictated to Tatiana)

Jason likes his laggy blanket. He was folding them up.

Joanne with one of the nannies

Barb, Anna, Tatiana, Cathy, Lois, Jenna, Kim, Amy, and Kara at dinner

It was delicious, and what lovely presentation!
The camel Barb was talking about.
P.S. All photo credits go to Joanne


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness !! It feels like I can almost feel the joy and gratitude for absolutely every single second of your journey! God speed coming back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Pamela. I feel the same. I can sense Barb bursting at the seams with joy and happiness. Thanks to all for sharing this most unforgettable journey. He has chosen perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, Pamela. I feel the same. I can sense Barb bursting at the seams with joy and happiness. Thanks to all for sharing this most unforgettable journey. He has chosen perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the updates! Continuing to lift you all up to our Father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun following along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stories and great pictures you're all doing a great job I'm sure you're all enjoying it too I know Barb is really excited I'm glad everything is going well love candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stories and great pictures you're all doing a great job I'm sure you're all enjoying it too I know Barb is really excited I'm glad everything is going well love candy

    ReplyDelete