Saturday, March 5, 2016

Intro to all the Team Members

Hello Everyone,

Sorry there was not a post yesterday. The internet has been painfully slow most of the time and we had a packed day! I wanted to let you all get to know the whole team before we go any farther. So here they are!

Left to Right Barb, Tatiana, Lois, Joanne, Jenna (squatting), Kim, Anna, Cathy (hiding) Amy, and Kara
Back row left to right Barb, Cathy, Lois, Kara, Jenna, Tatiana, Kim
Front row Anna, Joanne, and Amy

Kim Crampsey- Mother of 4 (ages 17 to 6) my youngest was adopted from China in 2011.
Traveled to China in 2014 with America World to work with partner orphanage. I am a physical therapist. 

Jenna Crampsey- I am a junior in high school and enjoy playing soccer for the school and rec leagues. . I just recently became interested in photography and am currently taking a school course. I have a lot of experience with kids; both from being the oldest of 4 siblings, the youngest of which is an adopted little girl from China, and running camps during the summer and leading child care activities. This will be my second time to China, the first time to get my younger sister. I feel very led to go to China and offer whatever God can use for his glory.

Anna Pappas. I work as a barista for Starbucks, front desk receptionist for a gym, and a childcare worker once a week. I've been working with kids, including kids with special needs, for the past 10 years in volunteering and paid positions. This is my second time visiting an orphanage in China with American World.

Kara Hahn - I'm a junior in high school, hoping to study either education or medical training in college in order to pursue a career in missions with orphans. I have just returned from a missions trip to an orphanage in Tijuana, Mexico, and have really felt God calling me to more missions work with orphans now and in the future.

Barb Forster-I am a retired nurse working with the elderly and hospice. I was a dorm parent in Malaysia for 10 years I had from 16 to 18 boys every year aged 10 to 12. As it was a boarding school for missionary children I was totally responsible for everything except their hours in school. A joy and a deep responsibility. I had a radio program for children for five years especially using storytelling. graduated from radio broadcasting school.

Amy Pietras- I have been married for three years to a wonderful man from Poland. I am a registered nurse with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. I have been a pediatric nurse for eight years, and am currently working as a school nurse at Mountain Mission School in Virginia, which ministers to underprivileged children from around the world. My husband and I love to travel and experience new cultures. So far I have visited 15 countries on 4 continents, and am always looking for new opportunities to expand that list!

Tatiana Martin - Current college student studying English and business. I have been on two service projects to Vietnam to work in orphanages. Once I graduate I plan to move to Asia and work full time with orphans. I have been working in childcare for more than a decade and am especially skilled with infants. I also have worked part time with a handyman and know basic carpentry, and painting.

Cathy Johnson- Mom to 2, grandmother to 4 grandchildren work in property management and nursing skills I use on medical missions every year 2 times a year.

Joanne Pennington: I am married without children. I have been working as an occupational therapist for 26 years primarily with adults with neurological injuries and also hand injuries. I have some pediatric experience in acute rehab and outpatient as well as worked for World Vision in an orphanage in Romania for one year. At church I teach 4 year olds and I am just finishing up my 3 year term as deaconess.


Lois Lilienthal- I am married and have two daughters and a niece that we call our daughter. We became her guardians when she was eleven and she is still part of our lives. I am a grandmother to eight grandchildren, four boys and four girls. I am retired and now care for children in my home ranging in age from one to seven years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment